Seriously, I could leave football behind...like really far behind...but the Judster isn't going to let his favorite teams go unseen this season so I have to just go with the flow. I guess I'll just have to recap the more entertaining parts of the last few months to pass the time in the next few months. I'm working on compiling and archiving a lot of our memories so I can digitize them which also means that I am taking the role of family photo-biographer rather seriously. I am taking SO many pictures that I think the kids are protesting but I don't doubt that they're going to thank me later. Take our 2010 summer vacation, for starters. We went to San Diego again. We really like that place (not that I would live there) at least for a visit.
Balboa Park was impressive. There was so much to see and it's a gorgeous outdoor arboretum! There were museums, all sorts of events, and that Spanish Colonial architecture is really cool!
The San Diego Zoo was huge! Thank gosh for those escalators because this zoo sits on hilly terrain. Anni must have taken pictures of every animal in there.
We enjoyed the Gaslamp District. Petco Park is located there and we saw a game with the Padre's at home against the Dodgers. I have to admit, baseball makes me appreciate football more. It's a pretty boring sport. Oh, but what a view we had!
I suppose I have to take every opportunity I can to take a picture of all of us together (no matter how much they resist it). Mirrored hotel elevators are great places to do a quick pic.
We stopped at Las Vegas on our way back and went to Fremont Street. It was pretty cool! We loved the "Fremont Street Experience" with the overhead light show. The theme was 70's music and it was an experience, alright!
So we came home to find the tail end of summer upon us. It's a month later and chilly today. Not my ideal September weather but when you live here, you simply have to find a way to deal with it. We've gathered the wood (well, okay–Jud gathered the wood) for the fireplace this winter, we picked our wild huckleberries to hopefully last us until the next fall harvest, and enjoyed a nice Labor Day weekend campout at Grassy Lake last week. I had forgotten how much fun camping can be. Thank goodness the mosquitoes were hardly a bother.
Yeah...it was STILL a good summer!




Post a Comment